Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions will apply to all transactions placed online with A. de Gruchy & Co Ltd (deGruchys.com). Please read carefully before placing any order. Nothing in these terms and conditions will be deemed to affect your statutory rights.
By using this site you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
deGruchys.com (A. de Gruchy & Co Ltd), 50-52 King Street, St. Helier, Jersey, JE4 8NN.
Company Reference Number: JE10567
The Buyer / Customer:
The purchaser of goods / services from deGruchys.com
- All products advertised are subject to availability.
- The Company reserves the right to charge carriage fees to the buyer in the dispatching / returning of goods.
- UK VAT if applicable has been paid to UK customs at the prevailing rate. Prices are subject to change without prior notice and at the discretion of the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to decline service to any company or consumer.
- The Company endeavours to ensure that all information and pricing on this website is accurate, but occasionally an error may occur. If The Company discover an error has been made, they reserve the right to cancel the order. The contract with the buyer begins when the order is dispatched.
- In accordance with The Distance Selling (Jersey) Law 2007, the following applies to all telephone order and e-commerce contracts: The buyer is entitled to cancel their order within 7 working days for a refund subject to the following;
a. It is reasonable for the buyer to open the outer packaging and inspect the goods. It is not acceptable to break any seals on the item itself.
b. Any goods which are unsealed by the buyer are exempt from the right to cancel and return the goods under the Distance Selling (Jersey Law) 2007. However, if the goods are not as specified, advertised or faulty, then the buyer may still reject the goods under The Supply of Goods and Services (Jersey) Law 2009.
c. If the buyer properly rejects any of the goods in accordance with the Distance Selling (Jersey) Law within 7 working days in writing, the buyer shall nonetheless be responsible for the return cost of the goods.
- Whether goods are returned in a sellable condition is to be judged by the Company.
- The Company accepts no responsibility for any consequential loss caused to the buyer for the receiving of faulty goods. Faulty goods received shall be dealt with as outlined in our Returns Policy.
- Whilst every effort will be made to keep any delivery date, time of delivery shall not be of the essence. The Company shall not be liable for any consequential loss incurred by the buyer or any other person or company arising directly or indirectly out of any failure to meet any estimated delivery date.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the Company may deliver by instalments and in such case each instalment shall be treated as a separate contract and any delay, default or non-delivery in respect of any instalment by the Company shall not entitle the buyer to cancel the remainder of the contract.
- The Company cannot accept any returned goods found to fall into one or more of the following categories:
a. The goods are in some way physically damaged by the buyer.
b. The goods are found not to have been sold to the customer by the Company.
c. The goods have been in the customer's receipt for longer than 7 days.
- Goods received by the buyer that are found to be physically damaged by the courier should be refused on delivery, or if this is not possible, should be reported to the Company immediately. The maximum time allowed to report physical damage is 72 hours. After 72 hours, any claims of physical damage will not be accepted for refund or replacement.
- Any information displayed on our web site(s) or other printed matter by the Company is not regarded to be authoritative or certified as the best practice and is only considered to be useful supplementary advice to other certified codes of practice. All information on our web site is updated regularly.
- All items supplied to the customer remain the property of A. de Gruchy & Co Ltd until final payment of all sums owing in respect of those goods has been received in full by us.
- If you wish to comment or complain about any aspect of your dealings with us, please write to; deGruchys.com, 50-52 King Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE4 8NN.
- Our website may contain links to other websites or services. You should note that we are in no way responsible for the content or privacy policies these websites / services may have in place and advise that you use caution and refer to these websites own privacy statements and terms.
- The contents of this site and other publications from deGruchys.com are owned by or licensed to A. de Gruchy & Co Ltd and are used with permission by the owner, reproduction strictly by permission only. Unlawful reproduction may result in legal action.